Monday, December 03, 2007

Whoa. India.

Whoa...I'm in India.

We arrived Sunday morning around 3am (about 4pm Saturday Chicago time). 

In an attempt to adjust to the local time, we went to bed. I don't think either of us slept much. Instead we listened to the orchestra of India. A dog barked incessantly outside the window. At about 5am, a rhythmic swish, swish, swish, swish counted the minutes away as someone started their never ending battle against dirt and dust. A man sang to the sunrise, and the train whistles near by sounded like a battalion of trumpets.

My first day was spent learning to avoid being slammed into by rickshaws and mototaxis while trying not to step in a pile of cow dung all in the same moment! Let's just say that I'm lucky Sai has my back.

Much more to reflect on, but we've got to make the most of our day here in Delhi. We're off to Varanasi this afternoon.

No comments: