A quote from a passenger on Flight 292 while describing the reactions of her fellow passengers. Is it that surprising that a man would cry in the face of death? He hasn't accomplished all of the things he's wanted to yet. He probably didn't say goodbye to his wife or kids. Forgot to call his mom on her birthday. Not to mention that the passengers watched live broadcasts about their ill-fated flight.
Is it so incredible that a man would cry period? I admire a man who can express emotion whether it be happy or sad. In fact, I value any person that has emotion and is not afraid to express them. Of course, there are extremes. I don't expect men to be blubbering at the slightest pang of emotion. I don't care for anyone who is too sensitive. Men, all humans, are emotional yet rational beings. And I expect all humans to conduct themselves as such. Denying and ignoring your feelings can only lead to misunderstanding and communication error. Relationships of all kinds (personal, political, foreign affairs) would benefit if people would just stop being too proud to express what they really feel.
Thursday, September 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment